Sunday, July 12, 2009

Warm it Up

There's no hard and fast rule that says you'll get a $50.00 fine for warming up a glass of juice or Ensure. I currently have two clients who dislike cold drinks. Trying to get either of them to drink a cold, refreshing glass of cranberry juice is like trying to get my husband to go grocery shopping with me. It isn't going to happen. Both ladies enjoy their beverages warm. So, try warming them up!

Believe it or not a warmed up Ensure is awesomely delish. I know this because one of my clients tells me every time I give it to her. She ooh's and ahh's with exclamations of delight. I serve it to her in a fancy dancy tea cup and call it "sweet coffee latte". She'll extend that little pinky finger and sip it like it's made out of 14 k gold.

I have another client who nukes her OJ. Personally this is very unappealing to me but this is how she prefers it so who am I to tell her it's better cold? To her, it's better warm.

This also goes along with heated milk, warmed-up apple and cranberry juice. Don't assume that because we like it cold that they do also. Many of these folks grew up drinking tea and coffee throughout their day and prefer hot or warm beverages to cold. Ask them or offer them a cup of each, one cold, one warm and see which they prefer. Thinking outside the box is creative thinking. Creative thinking on our part helps our clients succeed.

Once you find their preferences (which keep in mind, could change at any time) then stock their fridges with items they can prepare the way they prefer. If they prefer warm drinks be sure they have coffee, tea, milk, apple juice/cider, Ensure, cocoa and any other juices that are able to tolerate heating (there are many). If they prefer cold, any juices, milks, soda's etc. that they enjoy should be stocked.

BTW a warm apple juice or apple cider can really hit the spot on a chilly day.

The Ensure site has a lot great looking recipes using Ensure. I haven't tried any yet but I'd love feedback from anyone who has. Here's the site ... Ensure Recipes. BTW right now if you sign up at the Ensure site you'll get a free shake or $ off a 6 pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment